Sunday, June 24, 2012

DIY - (Do it Yourself)

Hey everyone! My name is Jessica Smith and this summer I have joined the Westlake Magazine team as a high school intern. Since a very young age I have been obsessed with writing. I would spend hours on end in front of my computer writing anything that came to mind. My wacky topics ranged from short stories about a fictional character I made up named Miss Clarabelle Breadsticks to an enchanted garden made solely out of sugary confections. Last year I began my real journalism career as a staff writer for the Calabasas Courier at Calabasas High. As I grew with both passion and experience over the year I discovered a love for writing for the news section of the paper. Fortunately I was blessed with the opportunity to be the news editor for the Courier next year! As summer approached I searched for something that would help me broaden my writing abilities and learn more about creating a magazine. I am looking forward to all the knowledge I will gain throughout this incredible experience. Each week I will post about a fun DIY (do it yourself) project! Ever since I was little I have been very interested in art and creating my own unique pieces. I will be providing you all with the knowledge to create some cool projects that will add some fun to your summer! There is no “correct” way to make DIY projects so be expressive and have fun with them! Check back each week to get inspired and let your creativity flow!