Sunday, June 24, 2012

Love, Life & Literature

Hello, my name is Bailee Ahern. I have been blessed with the opportunity to work as a high school intern this summer at Westlake Magazine. Combing through the glossy pages, I encountered this magazine for the first time like most—outside a local shop. Since that time, I have religiously read each month, hoping one day to contribute to the magazine. Today, after only a couple years since my first sighting of Westlake Magazine, I find myself interning and writing for this blog. The focus of my writing will be books, love and family. Having lived in Westlake Village for my entire life, sixteen years, I hope to incorporate my understanding of Westlake and the surrounding areas into my writing. Mostly I wish to express the tight-knit and cozy character of the community, which I enjoy very much. In addition, the prospect of speaking about these three topics, books, love and family, excites me as I have passionately grown to acquire an insatiable taste for books and a joy that comes from understanding life, which is most often focused on the ups and downs of love and family. Westlake Magazine speaks to the community I love most, and I certainly feel fortunate to contribute my voice, hopefully uplifting the community and expressing my gratitude toward my favorite place in the world, Westlake Village.