Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Belated Halloween!

Hi, readers! I'm excited to be starting Westlake Magazine's first daily blog in all of our 19 years of existence! This will be a place that you can come and read about what goes on behind the scenes at the magazine, what's new and next up for us, what's going on in your community and many other fun and interesting tidbits from a Westlake local's perspective. Please stop by frequently, as I will update all the time!

First thing I gotta mention is Halloween. Now, I know Halloween was a few days ago and we are most certainly in a new month. But I just can't help but give this blog a spooktacular theme of orange and black.. (at least for now, until the next holiday creeps up and I am enticed to decorate the layout with turkeys, cranberries, cornucopias, pilgrim hats..) I adore this time of year! We're just starting to get a break from the melodramatic summer heat (sort of), there's a crisp wind blowing through the air (and forcefully, I might add. It already took out a tree at one of my friends' house. Watch out for your cars), and we're starting to see boots on every girl about town! Time to start stocking up on sweaters and long dresses, hats and great scarves--all of which you can get inspiration for in the upcoming Holiday Issue of WM!

But, backing up, what were you guys for Halloween? Was anyone anything very original this year? I thought I was being pretty creative with my friend, what do you think? Let me know, and post your own Halloween pics to share with other readers!

My friend & I as troll dolls, Sat. night at the Sunset Room Monster Mash!